»

Monday, June 1, 2009

Gone Fishing

I’m finally over being sick for five days. Here’s to better health!

I did go out on Saturday and visit a bead shop I’ve never been to. They had some interesting, affordable items, including this fish pendant that I snagged for 75% off.  I strung it on this simple knotted cord and it’s all finished except for the clasp. Fish

I also picked up this piece of Blue Coral (which looks black actually). I like the shape but I’m not sure about the accent beads. The cord is round rubber, but it seems a bit Coralflimsy for the piece. What do you think? 

Sales have been slow in my etsy store lately, but I like to keep adding new items. Got to keep it fresh! Of course these items aren’t listed yet since they’re not finished.

1 comments:

Baroness Bijoutery said...

Love you new fines..I think you are right those beads don't really look right..may solid metal with alittle more antiquing on them..go better with that beautiful coral..And what about using leather cord instead that would be stronger looking with the piece..Only a suggestion...Have fun finishing up you great new pieces.