»

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Bird photos with new lens

My new toys arrived today! As soon as I got home from work I opened up the boxes containing my new 70-200mm lens and the 1.4x extender and slapped them on my camera. Well, first I attached the UV filter to protect my nice new lens. I attached the lens hood, took a quick peek at the owners manual to see which Image Stabilization setting to use, and headed out onto the deck. My yard is home to a lot of birds and this young fellow came right out to see why my cats seemed to think the deck belonged to them (I think maybe he’s not too smart yet)!

bird1 A bit farther away, the rest of his family gathered to call out warnings and insults to me and the cats. I don’t even know what kind of birds these are. I much prefer my house finches and mourning doves. Anyway, they provided a nice little test handholding my new lens to see how the IS works.

bird2

8 comments:

Kim Caro said...

so pretty and inspirational

PitBullLadyDesigns said...

Lovely!

PitBullLadyDesigns said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Fantastic...let's see more!

Felix and Jayne said...

those turned out great!

Splendid Little Stars said...

fabulous photos!

LadyK said...

They are so beautiful!

I stopped by to let you know that you've gained a mention on my blog, Twisted Thicket Studio's - Mouse Trails. I've passed on an award to you for having a lovely blog. :)

Just Jules said...

that is a grackle (the bottom one is for sure) they are nasty birds and so very noisy! but yet as all things in nature -beautiful. I so wish i had a camera with lenses.....