»

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Spring Sunshine – at last!

sun-shades I finally feel like Spring has arrived because I’m doing my favorite thing – sitting on my back deck in the sun listening to the birds. The cats are out with me and there’s a slight breeze in the air. The hectic work day is already a memory and all that remains is to relax and be still. The flowers aren’t up yet and last week’s snow is stubbornly hanging on in the shade, but none of that matters. What matters is this glorious sunshine. Driving home around the reservoir with the sunroof open and “Cecelia” on the radio is about as close to pure happiness as you can get.

Humans are strange animals. Why is it that a song or the weather can have such an effect on our moods? Outside influences have so much power over us. Take this perfect late afternoon and add just a bit more wind or a neighbor using a leaf blower and it would be ruined. I suppose that’s why I appreciate the perfection so much. I know that it is short-lived. I know that I need to absorb every moment and store it up against the not-so-perfect days that always come. So I’ll sit here just a few minutes longer and soak up the first day of Spring. Right now, at this moment, life is good.

-------------
Looking for my GIVEAWAY? Click here! http://boutiquebybonnie.blogspot.com/2009/03/tax-relief-giveaway.html

7 comments:

Melody Seal said...

Hi! Thanks for visiting my blog :)
I envy your lovely sounding weather, england is generally just cold. The sun is starting to make an appearance, but i'm not holding my breath (we haven't really had a summer for about 2 years!) i think i'll have to emigrate.. x

Hilary said...

Hey there!
I have an award for you!
Hope you can stop by :)
Cheers!
Hilary

Boutique By Bonnie said...

Thanks for the award! And I'll say here, I'm so pleased to have reached 100 Followers - I love them all!

Unknown said...

I agree...it is much nicer here in Colorado when the sun is shining. Love your blog.

Laura Trevey said...

You are right! Cloudy days do affect your mood... Enjoy the beautiful sunshine :)

Just Jules said...

Come visit my blog before the end of the weekend so I can throw an extra chance in the drawing for you.

julochka said...

oh, i know what you mean. soaking up every bit of sunshine i can get around here these days as well. tho' it's a bit windy and cloudy today, the memory of the sun sustains for now...