»

Sunday, April 26, 2009

A new look for an old listing – Spring cleaning for your store.

I’ve slowly started taking new photos for old listings that need an update. This Sodalite braceletSodalite Bracelet is one of the first items I listed in my Etsy store.  The listing only had two product photos and I wasn’t 100% happy with how the photos looked.  I think the pink just didn’t reflect my own taste, to be honest. 

I’ve kept the pink photo in the line-up, but my new main photograph is clear and simple. The background does not Sodalite Braceletdistract from the colors of the stones or try to convey a specific mood. The bracelet gets to be the star. In addition, it’s more in line with the other photos in my store. I will admit, my store doesn’t have a fully consistent look, but I’m trying to steer toward that goal. I have two more of these Sodalite pieces to update, and then the pink will be gone!

Another key to updating a listing is to tweak the Title, body text and tags. I actually found an error in the body of this listing that had been there for a year! And then I saw that I was only using eight tags!  It’s so important to use all 14 tags if possible so that you show up in Searches.

Now I feel like this is a new listing instead of an old one. It’s modern and updated and I feel proud to call it my own. How’s your store looking? Is it time to do some Spring cleaning?

7 comments:

Parallax said...

The new photo looks great - fresh and crisp - and so does your bracelet.

Baroness Bijoutery said...

Your new photo is great.. I just finished today retaking all the first pics of each item..gave the shop a more cohesive look...I'm really happy with it now, even changed the Shop Announcement. Your right it was time for Spring Cleaning.

Cris said...

The new photo of the bracelet is great! Very clear. I hate taking photos of my stuff. Thanks for the tips, I will have to check my tags on my stuff. Have a great week!

renee said...

The new photo is great. Very unique use of a glass. :)

Maria said...

It now looks like a new item! Thanks for the motivation-I'll have to retake some new pictures too!
Maria

Unknown said...

Wow, your new picture is stunning and really shows your bracelet off!! Great job!!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful post u have posted here......
I really like it....
Nice bracelet picture...

SEO Delhi